10 Perfect Spots in Lithuania for Adventurous Honeymoon
Lithuania may be an unexpected alternative for adventurous couples. The country caters to all ideas of refined romance. Choose a secluded private cabin, a treehouse or a "Fifty Shades of Grey"-inspired room.
Photo: Forest Heaven© Text: Blue Oceans PR
A recent survey indicated that almost 40% of couples describe their honeymoon as adventurous. According to the same study, "Adventure" is the second most popular type of honeymoon after "Beach." Couples who favour piquant destinations should consider Lithuania - the land of calm, seclusion and behind-the-scenes action.
"Lithuania has a lot to offer to couples looking for privacy, nature and variety," explained Indrė Trakimaitė-Šeškuvienė, Head of Marketing at Lithuania Travel. "People who look beyond most popular honeymoon spots will find our country uncrowded, civilized and respectful of privacy. Although located in the center of Europe, we still have some hot sites where romance is just for two - not figuratively, but literally."
She pointed out 10 such spots that are listed below without rating. All these romantic getaways are quality resorts, but they are tuned to different habits and tastes.
1. Atokampis Boutique SPA&Resort. Bali-style cosy cabins in the depth of Lithuanian forest create an impression of a private oasis. Couples may order meal trays that are delivered to cabins on arrival and may be enjoyed at any time. Private kitchen and dining room make the cabins a fully self-sufficient temporary home for two. Each cabin has a spacious terrace with an outdoor ofuro bath. SPA service packages for couples may be ordered additionally.
2. Forest Heaven. Only one company of visitors at a time. This is the rule of this mysterious forest resort. 18 hectares of forest, a private pond, two cosy cabins, and complete privacy. This ecological resort is equipped with a portable camping shower and bio-toilet. Wooden hot-tub and massage services may be ordered onsite as well as romantic meals and horse riding in the nearby stud farm.
3. Karkelbeck. This historical site on the seaside is said to have been used as an amber processing workshop in the 16th-17th century. It features amber therapy and other amber-related health procedures. Visitors may also learn about amber-catching techniques and enjoy rest in a traditional wooden house with a private lawn.
4. Glamping Lithuania. The oasis of luxurious camping on the side of the beautiful lake is fully equipped for a romantic holiday. The tent house for two includes a bed with coconut matrace, SPA baths, heated floor and romantic lights. It is a wonderful place to comfortably enjoy completely natural surroundings.
5. Oasis Dome. Enjoy the night on water in this exceptional work of a professional architect. The bubble tent built on the footbridge can be used in any weather. This unusual apartment has autonomous heating and electric lights as well as a comfortable bed and a couple of seat bags.
6. Sala Resort. The exclusive resort club is located on the shore of the large lake Plateliai. It offers luxury service for a strictly limited number of club members and guests. SPA services, sports, hiking, bicycle tours and outdoor baths are just some of the options at this exceptionally private resort.
7. Lavender Inn. An innovative newly built guesthouse invites to enjoy all colors, scents and sensations of nature. A well-kept garden provides moments of tranquility, and the onsite SPA with sauna and swimming pool is tailored for comfortable relaxation. Guests may choose one of 7 different rooms with a unique interior. Couples looking for spicy sensations should explore the two-level fling apartment featuring a comfortable bedroom and a "Fifty Shades"-inspired intimate room.
8. Tree House. Couples seeking some real adventure, book a tree house on the lakeside that offers an exotic but comfortable experience. Raised in the tree and without any real foundations, this house features a cosy bed, a kitchen, and a fireplace.
9. Manor Of Pakruojis. An authentic 19th-century manor provides a perfect background for admirers of historical romance. Apart from the comfortable accommodation in classical apartments, visitors may also enjoy walking or riding around large manor park and candlelight massage.
10. Villa "Šturmų švyturys." Marine guesthouse on the shore of the Curonian Lagoon is the place for those who feel romantic near the sea. Cosy fisherman-styled rooms are named after local fish. No two rooms are the same, and some of them feature exclusive details, such as beds made of boats. Needless to say, fresh fish is the main pride of the restaurant, where daily catch is served instead of a traditional menu.
Whatever is considered a romantic adventure - be it a historical site visit, an experience of raw nature or a spicy intimate play - they all may be found in Lithuania and enjoyed in the real privacy of a perfect honeymoon.
10 reasons to fall in love with Thailand once more
Health and leisure industry can get back to work safely by adopting regular rapid mass testing strategy
Scandic Arlandastad opens its doors
Qatar Airways’ Data Demonstrates the Safety of Air Travel as More Than 99.988% of its Passengers Travel COVID-19-free
Chiang Khan and Nan on the list of the “2020 Sustainable Top 100 Destinations”
Qatar Airways Resumes 19 Weekly Flights to South Africa from 3 October 2020 Continuing its Resilient Network Growth
Singapore opens to visitors from Australia from Oct 8
Vilnius: Inside the Cinematic City Where Netflix's Young Wallander Was Filmed
Unique temples near Bangkok offer out-of-the-ordinary experiences
Greece to close
Most expensive cities
7 Magic Outdoor Attractions in Deep Forest Green Lithuania
Leaves most of the world out
Thailand allows entry to several groups of foreigners from 1 July